Monday, January 2, 2012

Here I go!

I know it's crazy! I leave tomorrow morning at 8am and then we go to the mission house which is only like twenty minutes away and have training for the field for the whole day. I'm excited and a little nervous. This last week was different and we had a lot of time for studying and asking questions.

We took down the Christmas decorations on Saturday morning for our service project and it was really weird because they've been up almost the whole time that we've been here because they went up the Saturday after we got here and they went down the Saturday before we left.

President and Hermana Steimle are amazing. I love them so much. I love how personal this MTC is because we got to talk with them and they got to know us better than they would at the other MTC. It was kind of hard transition for me when I got here for the first week and then things were good and then it was a little hard again when the change came with the other people switching out. Now it's finally my turn. We just said goodbye to three elders from our district that were going to El Salvador and one of the old Norteamericano girls because she was going to Nicaragua. It was good but I'm going to miss them. Luckily it's our turn tomorrow morning so we can finally get this goodbye part done for another six weeks. Time feels like it's gone slow but fast at the same time. I can remember the time that I've gone through but I can't believe that it's already time to go out, it's January, and it's 2012!!! Happy New Year!!

I feel ready to go out. We've gotten alot of good advice for when we go out to the field. They showed us a clip from Facing Giants today I don't know if you remember but they're doing the thing where they carry someone on their backs and just on their hands and knees like they're charging. Then they carry them a certain distance. The coach has him blindfolded and he carries the guy all the way across the field because he's just supposed to give his best and they push until he goes all the way. This is what we are to do. We think that maybe we might be able to reach the 50 yard line but if we push, ignore ourselves, and just focus on what the Lord tells us then we will accomplish so much more than we could ever imagine.
Love you! Here I go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment