Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Goodbye and Hello

This last week was pretty good! It went by really fast!! Yesterday and this morning we said goodbye to all the Latinos and the old Northamericanos. I was really sad when my Latino companion, Hermana Garcia, left. She was awesome!

Hermana Walden and I got chosen to be the new coordinating sisters so we're going to be over all the sisters. Scary!! Luckily the last coordinating sisters gave us a paper from their speech that they gave the first day we were there. The other three sisters that are still here with us, as we are now the "old" Northamericanas, they're the music people so they get to set up all the special musicals. I’m super excited and I’m really looking forward to the new people.

Sunday we got to watch the Quetzltenango temple dedication which was awesome. They provided the white hankies for us and they're really cool. They sewed a picture of the temple and the name and date on it.

I can see the Guatemala City Temple from the window right now and it's way pretty! We're so lucky to have so many temples so close to us in Utah!!!

Today we got to go around to different parts of the city. This morning we went to a "relief map" of Guatemala. Apparently it took 16 years for them to make because they rode horses around the whole country to survey it and get everything exactly right. I guess they made it quite a while back though. One of the leaders gave us a big lecture on places that the Book of Mormon could have possibly taken place and we got to look at it on the map. Then we went to the mercado and got to go shopping and learn how to barter with the people. Some of them wouldn't really barter with me though. I did get a cool scarf though! Then we went to a museum that's hooked to a huge mall. The mall is like 3-4 stories tall and looks exactly like an American mall.  Except in Spanish. The museum was alright and had some cool artifacts but it wasn't very big.
I’m super excited for Christmas down here because we’re the mission president’s last full group so they’re going to do some really fun stuff with us.  And it’s Christmas so we get to do even more cool stuff!  I love you all!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Miss. Becky. Sister Becky. Sister Nielsen. I am so glad things are going well. I will try to write you a long letter soon. Love you. Hayley.

    ReplyDelete