Tuesday, December 11, 2012

First Week Training

Things are going well! My companion is great! Her name is Hermana Brandaris. She's from Panama and she's just great! I was hoping to get a Latina because I want to keep working on my Spanish and everything. All the trainers went to the capital so I was able to see some of the sisters that I haven't seen in a long time, as well as some elders. The capital wasn't as cold as the week before so I was grateful for this. On Tuesday we had our training as trainers and with the newbies. Then in the night we were able to visit with the newbies because we all slept in the same house. It was nice to get to know some new missionaries and to remember when we were in their position. I couldn't believe that I'm on this side! I'm so used to being the younger companion that it was like, wow, I'm going to be going home soon.... It's crazy. Wednesday we had the transfers and i was able to see more sisters and elders that I know. There were a lot of sisters that went home. Like 9 of them and 3 elders. So it was good that 8 sisters entered the field this transfer. They're saying that the ones that entered this transfer are probably going to train after their first 3 months because lots of missionaries are going to be entering. It was a little sad to say goodbye to Hermana Garambel.

 We got back to my beloved area on Thursday which was great! I missed it and just wanted to go back to Peten the whole time I was in the capital. And we went right to work. We went with Max, the elders went with us, and he gave us a whole sermon on the mount or something. My poor new companion on her first day...He wasn't like attacking us but he told us that we were really young to be doing what we were doing and everything. I'm not sure if we're going to continue with them or if we're going to drop them. Hugo Flores and his family are doing great! Especially the wife and son. Their other son as well came back because he has a break from the university in the capital so we started teaching him and he seems really interested.

We're working on finding new people to teach again. Always searching. This week is going to be a little tough to work with them members and the new rule that we can't leave without them because our telephone is partially broken. Some of the buttons don't work and they're some of the most important ones so we can't call anyone unless the number was already in the phone and of course we don't have many in the phone so I think we're going to be doing phone calls to other people to call other people to leave and visit people with us. This should be interesting.....

I'm really looking forward to Christmas. We have a family that's invited us to share the 24th with them. We're going to eat tamales and ponche. I'm going to learn how to do them! So I'm super excited!!

 Well wish me good luck this week! I love you all and hope that everything goes well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment