Tuesday, September 18, 2012

More Crazy Food

I'm happy that I'm with Hermana Ramos again. She really helps me a lot. She's really smart. Eunice made it to church this week!!!!!! We were super happy!! I feel relieved. We needed this. She's doing great. She's always asking when we're going to pass by the house again. If there are activites and everything. She really enjoyed the young adult class that she went to. She's scheduled to get baptized the 5th of October! Hopefully everything goes well and she's able to progress. Seibi and Glenda didn't make it. We called the night before to confirm but the morning of they didn't answer the cell phone.... We were really disappointed because they're super nice and willing to read and everything. I don't know what happened but we'll find out this week when we pass by.

We haven't been able to meet with Marybel. We called her cell phone to set up an appointment but she didn't answer so we're going to pass by this week. Diana was able to go to church this week. sigh of relief. She really wants to join the church but we still have the problem that they don't live here so we can't meet with them much. It's a little complicated right now. I don't think that Maritza wants to join the church. I think she likes the church but doesn't have a testimony of it. She doesn't come to church on Sunday.

 We did find someone new this week. We went out to Chinautla. The cool pueblo that's in our area and we found Aurelia. She's super animated to learn more about the church. She had been praying the night before to receive a response from God that he loves her and that he isn't ignoring her. And we showed up the next day. We put a date for her to get baptized. It's a little far away. It's for the end of the October but it's also because it's a little hard for them to come to church here because they need to take a bus to get to the church and it's like 20-30 minutes in bus on a crazy road. We'll see what happens.

Ok, here's a few crazy things that have happened. I forgot to tell you that a member here in the area gave us caviar to eat one time. I couldn't help but think about Finding Nemo and those poor fish eggs that we were eating..... We've also eaten something called revolcado. Basically it's the skin and flesh from a pig's face. But I've eaten it three times now. And it's Hermana Ramos's fault. The first time was before she got switched from Los Olivos and we ate with a member. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't something that i liked. The second and third times were here in Martinico. She showed up here and thought that the lady just prepared it poorly in Los Olivos so she asked for more here. But then I show up and the lady that cooks our food made it for us.....I didn't like it this time because it had pepper, but I ate it. The third time was with another member, Lucky, and she made it well. Wow miracles happen.

Another thing. When we were in Chinautla Hermana Ramos decided to help some ladies that were washing their food in the little stream. She was going to carry part for them but it fell. It was chicken's heads.....so we collected them all, washed them again, and then brought them to where they were cooking. So I touched chicken head. Something that I thought I would never do in my life...wow haha!!!

So we had transfers this week. Elder Richins went home!! We were sad but happy for him. There were three other elders that left our zone. But guess who came back. Elder MorĂ¡n. I don't know if you remember him. He was in my first district with Elder Bronson. Then he was district leader for a short time. Well he's back. It was pretty cool. We're all back together again in the same zone. We never thought that would happen. Crazy!!

Also Hermana Cruz went home. It was sad.  I'm going to miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment