Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pacas and Fireworks

Here we have places called pacas. They're little stores that sell clothes, almost anything that you would buy at the store but not food and that kind of stuff. They're awesome. You can get really good deals on clothes and other stuff. Then there's the Megapaca. And it's a huge store like Ross's but bigger and it's full of clothes to find and you can get some good deals there as well.

This week was good. We went to the North American's house for the 4th of July. I don't remember if I told you her name but it's Talia and she's 24 years old I believe. She just had a baby but she's my hero. She married a Guatemalteco and lives here now. I have a lot of respect for her. She gave us apple crisp and ice cream and they did fireworks.

We're still working with Gabby and her mom, Lorena. We're really trying to build their testimonies and as well with Juan Josè. We're also working with a sister, Lizet, who's spouse is member and has entered the temple but he critiques the church a lot and they've had a few problems with members of the ward and such but she accepts a goal to work towards being baptized on the 4th of August. We're super excited for her and we know that things will go well. We're also working with a family of 6 and the grandma. The mom and her 5 kids, Family Gutierrez. It's not very often that you see families that big here. But the kids are all super smart and they read the stuff and we're hoping to get them to go to church this week.

This last Tuesday we ate a ton of food. I mean a ton!!!! We ate lunch with Yajaira and she gave us a full plate of food. Rice, beans (by the way I love beans), fish, and a salad of vegetables, and tortillas (by the way I love tortillas as well and don't know what I'll do when I come home...). Then that night we ate with some members Hermano and Hermana Sique. We ate beef cooked over the grill (delicious), rice, beans (I love her beans), tortillas, salad, bread, and it was so good. But I ended so full that I was full for days. I love the food here.

We went to the central market today. I didn't buy much but there was some pretty good stuff. I've heard that it's better to buy in other areas like Coban (home of the pacas) and Peten. Hopefully I get the chance to visit these areas but we'll see.

Yep that was my week here. We had 6 investigators in the sacrament meeting this week which was awesome for us. Hope you all have a great week. Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment