Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yes the baptism went through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes the baptism went through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were so happy!!!!!! We were nervous the day before the baptism because Mariela had her interview but she passed with flying colors. Then the day of her baptism: we were calling her in the morning but she wasn't answering her phone because we needed to tell her to bring a towel and a change of clothes for after the baptism (we forgot to tell her earlier haha whoops) and she wasn't answering. Finally she answered and she had a headache and wasn't feeling good so we were freaking out about that but she rested and the baptism went good. Elder MorĂ n baptized her. Then the next day we were nervous that she wouldn't show up at church for the confirmation but she came and it was all good. We're so happy and a little relieved that it's over haha!!! It was great though. Her testimony is amazing and she's really helping the other members. She's always encouraging us to work harder so that we can have more baptisms. She's great.

Our other person with a date, David, fell through. We couldn't meet with him again and it went cabluie.....but it's all good. We're going through a little rough time because we dropped some investigators this last week because they weren't progressing or don't want anymore so we're searching for new ones. And we only have one more week together so we're trying to get everything ready so if we're both pulled out of the area the new missionaries can take over but if I'm still here I'll be ready to help the other missionary and know how everything goes. It was Hermana Ramos' birthday this last Saturday. The same day as our baptism so that was pretty cool. The elders threw a surprise birthday party for her. It was pretty cool!

I think my favorite food here is frijoles, juevos, y pan. Beans, eggs, and bread. It's the best. I think that I can eat them the rest of my life. It's really crazy how I can eat basically everything here in Guatemala. And I like basically everything here. The food is great. The only thing that I think I have a little trouble with is guacamole but I'm sure I'll learn to like it soon haha. I eat really good with my companion because she know how to cook lots of things and they're all really good!

Hope you have a great week!! Love you tons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment